The Shire, Handpainted terrain Euro map
Handmade terrain based on Tolkien’s maps
– Hand painted terrain (using farm resource) – makes it look like a bright sunny morning. NOTE: if you plant lots of trees around the painted area, the painted colour will disappear because the resource changes from farm to forestry.
– Ugly Industrial resources (oil and ore) neatly hidden behind mountain ridge – hides mess from most any view!
– Lots of sweet little brooks, streams, little cascades which merge into very powerful rivers
– Playable area is even a little more than game’s original maps
– Hydro Dam capable with zero chance of flood (see help image for this specific flood-proof location). Second location is possible (where shipping line begins) but has not been tested for flooding.
– Pre.planted tree borders for your country roads (of course, you don’t have to stick to my ideas, but they are placed in the best places for a road to wind among the little hills. This also saves you a whole lot of clicking trees)
– Tolkienesque mountain peaks in background
– Attention to the tiniest of details, for example the forests have a great variety of trees planted in one area for more realism and attractive colors, and conifers at higher elevations progressing to mixed and then broadleaf forest at lower elevation
See the help/functions map, which will help you plan out your city and let you know what features I built in, many of which you cannot see as a player. Everything is carefully planned, however if you have any problem, find an error, or just have a question, please do let me know and I will be glad to help
– Shipping connection easier to reach for players of 9 square base game
– Noticed I did not restore the three bridges near Grey Haven when I did the shipping connection improvement. Fixed and uploaded. This will not be a problem at all if you purchase that square. The three bridges are within the playable area, but in any event I like everything to be fully functional.
– I thought there was an error with the map because ships were not showing up. Nope, no error. Turns out that unlike before, now ships do not show up in any waters until there is a demand for them. Thought it was me
– Update 3
– Improved design of hydro dam area and raised so that dam power is now up to 1600mw