Christmas Special Pedestrian/Shared Street
Bring a touch of magic to your Cims’ Christmas shopping experience with this cobblestone pedestrian/shared street lavishly decorated with festive props by Titan and MrMaison.
Looking for the regular version?
This asset will still work even if you don’t subscribe to any of the required items – you just won’t get the props.
It doesn’t use any Network Extensions functionality, just the road planter prop.
- Added yellow illuminated bare trees by MrMaison on planters from Network Extensions 2
- Added Christmas stars and garlands by Titan on triple lamp posts from Modern Lighting Pack
- Lamp posts rotated 90 degrees now face pedestrians
- The street is now one-way only
- Noise pollution reduced
- But costs a bit more to build and maintain
Take note it works best with map themes that have bare concrete pavement textures as the sidewalks are 50% transparent to blend in.
By default, both vehicles and pedestrians will use the road. Vehicles will travel one way on the cobblestone portion in the middle while pedestrians will use the entire width of the road. Pedestrians will automatically swerve to avoid vehicles. As the speed limit is very low at 10 km/h, most vehicles other than service vehicles will use alternative roads.
If you want to disallow vehicles, use Traffic Manager: President Edition by LinuxFan.
You can use it as a pedestrian street or shared street by modifying restrictions.
- No manual placement of props and decals! – 6.7 MB custom model and textures
- Cobblestone road texture
- Pavement tile texture – 50% transparent overlaid on top of your map theme pavement texture
- Uses Triple Lamp Post and lighted bollards from Modern Lighting Pack by GCVos
- Benches, trash cans and other street props randomly appear
- Bollards appear when joining to another type of road
- Cobblestone junction/intersection when joining same type of road
- Ground level only – use other roads for elevated, bridge, slope and tunnel
- RHD and LHD supported
- 16m (2 tiles) wide right-of-way, 2x 8m pedestrian lane, 2x 4m vehicle lane, no parking
- Speed limit 10 km/h
- Costs $80/cell, upkeep $0.64/week/cell
- Bus stop support (sign only, no bus bay)
- Found under small roads, look for icon as shown in preview image
Christmas Special Pedestrian/Shared Street by Urbanist